Tuesday 7 April 2015

Positive People

I want to blog about my friends Adam, Taylor and Sam. 2 weeks ago I had a job interview for a sales job on a pretty good yearly wage. A lovely 9-5 Monday to Friday job. A friend of mine in exactly the same position as me had taken it with the flexibility to still go to auditions and it would be a very quick step to money worries disappearing. My head really wanted this. My heart didn't. My family were behind it and so were my friends back in Bournemouth. I talked with Adam, Taylor and Sam for hours about what it would mean to get this job and my dear friends didn't want me losing my creativity or myself in this job. I love them wholeheartedly. They told me what I hadn't even thought of or anyone had said. They wanted me to be sure and I wasn't. I wanted this job because I need money. I am definitely not a natural salesman. As I soon learnt...


The interview was an hour and 45 minutes and was very tough. I didn't get the job. And I was so happy and relieved not to. Something I constantly try to explain to my family is that there is nothing else I will do. I am an actor. I'm not an office worker. I will never do anything else and I will stay in London until I make it. I owe my life to Adam, Taylor and Sam. Their positivity and faith have got me through so much negativity. They are enthusiastic about everything I do even when I'm not. I made a film because of them. I do voice over work because of them. I think differently about so much because of them. I am more confident. More thoughtful. More creative. A brilliant actress told me "surround yourself with positive people" which is one of the best pieces of advice I've ever been given. With these three I can do anything. Sometimes people still need someone to push them to do something they're not sure about, and they've pushed me to be who I am now. My success is down to them. I remember when I first moved to London I said to myself "whatever happens, be thankful". And I am for so much. Especially these three people. God bless them.

No comments:

Post a Comment