Sunday 8 March 2015

Bump

This weekend I have ticked off something from my bucket list. I wrote and directed my first film yesterday. I'm still shattered from the day but it went perfectly and I'm really proud of myself for it. Up to about a week ago I still thought in the back of my head that this may not ever happen. I've said in the past that I've planned to do a short film but I made sure that this was going to happen this year. I'm really thankful for the people around me who made it happen too. My friends Adam and Sam who I've worked with so many times before and inspired me to think about making films in the first place. One of the best pieces of advice I ever was given was to surround yourself with positive people and I know I owe them for a lot more than just this weekend. I called in all the favours I could with this and am so thankful for the kindness of people getting involved. This last week has been the best week of the year so far. Certain auditions that have happened have made me believe in myself more. I didn't realise how much my belief this year had dropped until I got it back this last week. The next task now is trying stand up in Wolverhampton in 2 weeks...but that's for another time. For now I am feeling happier than I have for a very long time. I realised it's a risk doing this. Not just financially moving up to London but I realise I've signed up to a life of massive highs and lows. I can feel stuck and depressed and then in a heartbeat something can change and I will be on top again. If that's what I've got to live with for a while then so be it. Whatever happens I'll still think of more film ideas and create more. I am proud and happy and full of love for the people who have helped me. I can't wait to show people this film and hope for a great reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment