Thursday 1 December 2016

November 2016

Lighthouse Lighthouse Lighthouse. Lighthouse. November has given Mighty Colour Films a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/mightycolourfilms) and our first crowd funding campaign which is going brilliantly. We've talked for so long about spreading our social media wings and raising our profile. I've spoken a lot before about the faith I have in what we can achieve as a trio and I really hope people like the work we do and if we do end up getting a lot of likes and attention for it I want it to be deserved. It is hard work to continually post to keep our presence strong but it doesn't feel like work because it's what we love doing. I want to thank you too so much for liking the page and being a part of what we're trying to achieve. I hope we can make films that will make you proud of us and keep getting bigger and stronger.

Since we're talking about thanks I can't be more appreciative for the people who have donated and shared my project. The Boy Who Wanted To Be A Lighthouse Keeper is not a film I can afford to do with my own money. As great as the last few months have been with jobs I am still a regularly unemployed actor living in London. I had no idea what to expect when we started this. I was really happy with the video we'd made with a little bit of comedy in to show our personality and after a day of no donations when it started I realised I was going to have to reach out for support. I posted more and started messaging people who were in the creative industry in one way or another and people who I felt could understand what I was trying to do. I had little goals of reaching a certain amount by the end of the week and that pushed me to reach out more and more and go down a lot of avenues to find the money. It's been really hard. I've had to push the link and find new ways of selling it and posting it. I wanted to keep it fresh too so tried to cast by a certain time so I could update new things to interest more people and secure locations for the perfect stagger of posting and timings for when the majority of people are on Facebook. This is how much I think about it. I think about it every day and generally it's all I will want to talk about. I've met a lot of people who have their own little projects and ideas and I feel like, as much as this needs to be a success for my short film, I want this to be a success for others too. I want to be an example of how if you want something do everything you can to get it done. I haven't taken a film making or script writing course. I am arguably not qualified to be doing what I'm doing. I don't have the experience or know enough about film making. But what I do have is the passion for it and I personally think that's more than enough to get it done. I'm doing this because I love it and think I'd be good at it. I've not been to drama school so not even qualified to be an actor. I'm here because it's my passion and I will do anything I can to do it. If there's an opportunity to do something you love then work out how to do it and get it done. Make it happen. It's so achievable if you put your mind to it and the rewards for it are immense pride and happiness. I'm speaking from experience and with The Boy Who Wanted To Be A Lighthouse I know if I can make it look like it is in my head it will be one of the proudest moments of my life showing it to the world.

We are currently £235 away from reaching our target. I am so driven to get to 100% and yes I am about to ask (yet again) for a donation if possible. I need your help to reach our goal. Just £10 gets your name in the credits and therefore part of the film. Thank you so much for the support already. I am unbelievably grateful for it. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for that support. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment