Saturday 5 October 2013

Right Road

It's been a few months since my last blog and there has been no excuse for that though there has also been no reason to blog. Finally I've had a breakthrough that has come a lot quicker than I expected. I have been extremely fortunate that my search for an agent has come to an end. It was on my new years resolution list and it got to me, even with 4 months left at that time, that I had not got anywhere yet. I had the upset of my Norway job and I couldn't think what my next big step was going to be. It took me longer than it should have to get myself up and going again. Fate was kind to me and I got chosen as the lead guy in a Nokia advert a few weeks after the bad news on Norway and that helped pick me up to get out fighting for more jobs again. I met some brilliant people and networked again which helped me get my drive back. I thought 'you've still got the last quarter of the year left' and I can fight and do all I can to get an agent and complete my new years resolution list. I emailed more agents and there was always one particular agency I had heard so much about. I remember being very jealous about an actor I had met under this agency talking about these Hollywood auditions he had and the opportunities that were at a level I couldn't touch. This particular agent emailed to say he was interested in meeting me. I did all I could to not get carried away and it was an odd shock to hear when meeting him that if I was happy with the contract then he would take me on. Unbelievable.

I have always been so starstruck with things that a lot of other actors have remained calm with like the Nokia advert and this agent. These huge moments in my career have been dealt with so calmly by other actors that I have met and I'm just sitting in the room buzzing with such excitement on the shoots. It will take me a long time to adapt to how brilliant life can get. I've always met things with a fresh face and excited at any opportunities. I remember being so excited about a year ago to travel to Birmingham to film an advert. I couldn't believe that I was being paid to travel up the country to film an advert and return the same day. Even Birmingham. Still though I have a long way to go to make this into a career and money will always be a bit of an issue for at least the remainder of this year. But when people ask me now how acting is going I will say brilliantly. Although it may be early days with my agent and I couldn't give up my part time jobs to commit to acting just yet I couldn't be happier that I am on the right road and progressing this quickly. It means the world to me the luck I have had and I still am a fresh faced starstruck little boy inside excited about the opportunities ahead of me. I know at the end of the year I will look back and say its been a tough one. But I have an agent, London has made me more confident, and the opportunities and jobs have made me so much more determined. I remember at the start of the year saying 2013 will be the making of Sam South. It may take a bit longer to fully finish the making of him but what a hell of a start we've had this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment